Inspiration - Hansel & Gretel tote

>> Sunday, April 30, 2006

Well I'll say I was inspired by this cute bag, but it's probably more accurate to say I was coveting it and just had to copy the style using my new Hansel & Gretel fabric (which came from Heather thank you!)

My version has denim on the bottom half, and the top half is the Hansel & Gretel fabric with interfacing because it's quite a light cotton fabric. The inside is turquoise corduroy and the handles are dark brown corduroy. Other than that it's pretty plain with no extra pockets or anything. But I really liked how it turned out!
Nico has so many wonderful bags and pouches, I found her Flickr page recently and was so inspired by all her great ideas and the fabulous fabrics she uses for her creations.

And while I'm 'fessing up to recent copy-cat behaviour, I also copied a shopper that comes in a pouch that I received as a birthday present recently. I just wanted to make my own in one of my favourite vintage fabrics. I also made the little pouch it fits into once you fold it up. I made a small strap from a ribbon with a snap. It's so that you can attach the pouch to the main shopping bag while you're using it so that the little pouch doesn't get lost. I love this ribbon - it was from a swap with Ronize Aline - thank you!These projects were part of a last minute "use what you have" effort. The material all came from swaps, thrifting - and in the case of the denim - an old pair of jeans.

15 comments:

Anonymous,  April 30, 2006  

I love the shopper you created, and the wonderful fabric too. Delightful!
enjoy the weekend, gracia

Kristy April 30, 2006  

I love the Hansel and Gretel fabric and the shopper one too.Great bags!!

Funky Finds April 30, 2006  

I adore the Hansel & Gretel bag! Wonderful work!

molly | mommycoddle.com April 30, 2006  

I love your bags you've made. they're wonderful. Can I convince you to show more pictures of the shopper bag? I'd love to try my own copy cat version...

Jessica April 30, 2006  

the Hansel & Gretel bag is so cool. I haven't made a bag in a long time, and I think I'll need to add it to my "list of things to make sometime soon" and try my own version. thanks for the inspiration.

Green Kitchen April 30, 2006  

LOVE the Hanzel and Gretel bag!

Anonymous,  May 01, 2006  

How cute is that Hansel and Gretel fabric. It looks great on your bag.

Anonymous,  May 01, 2006  

i love them both ;oD

Anonymous,  May 01, 2006  

that is lovely! i love what you've done with the fabric ;) i can't wait to see my lovely needlebook.

glad to see it. i bought a sewing machine yesterday... but it arrived without a power cord. bah! i can't wait to sew!

Katia May 01, 2006  

That is such a lovely tote. I love the fabric.

Toni May 02, 2006  

Really great Claire. So cute.

Carmen May 02, 2006  

Yes! I ove the bags! And I'm thinking I should make myself a shopping bag! so useful and environmental! :)

two rabbits May 03, 2006  

oh wow i love the idea of the shopping bag that fits into a little pouch! i am definitely going to try this!

Anonymous,  May 04, 2006  

Hansel & Gretel tote is beautiful!

jennifer May 04, 2006  

i am so in complete love with that hansel & gretel fabric *sigh*

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP