Dexter's new vest

>> Wednesday, May 03, 2006

This is a sort of guest spot, since it's my bear, but Bradley's knitting project. This bear's name is Dexter, after C. K. Dexter Haven from one of my favourite old movies, The Philadelphia Story with Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn and James Stewart. But we call him Dex for short.

Dex generally has a bit of a sad face, and spends about 80% of his time sleeping, but things are looking up for him because Bradley decided recently to knit him a vest with some wool that he had leftover from a hat project. I say leftover despite the fact that Bradley hasn't actually knitted the hat yet, but he knows how much yarn he needs for it. The vest was an ambitious project - a fitted garment with cables and a stripe. In the picture above Dex is looking over Bradley's diagrams for the vest with his friend Ingrid.

This was the vest at the halfway mark:
Checking to see if it will fit:
Ahh! The completed vest. It's perfect.
Maybe it's just me, but I think he definitely looks more cheerful!If you like this sort of thing, be sure to visit Softie Extras on Flickr. Plus I love this new group, Lambkin stuffies. I'm thinking of making one of the lambs - they're so sweet!

6 comments:

Toni May 04, 2006  

Oh gosh, that is so cute!

Anonymous,  May 04, 2006  

I love the bear with the vest! It makes such a big difference, definitely more happy than before! :D

patricia May 04, 2006  

Well, I think he looks quite dapper. Clothes do make the man.

Anonymous,  May 04, 2006  

I sure the human C.K. Dexter Haven would love to have one for jaunts on the True Love! Very sweet!

patricia zapata May 08, 2006  

that vest is the cutest thing! definitely the perfect final touch.

astridpersons May 22, 2006  

he looks gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP