The Knitting Olympics - closing ceremonies!

>> Sunday, February 26, 2006

Here are Bradley's Knitting Olympics mittens - they're finally done! I love them and they fit me perfectly. They're going to be just right for spring (which seems to come and go every week these days). The fabric in the background is from a dress I bought at Goodwill for $4.99 - so that I could use the fabric. It's a Japanese-inspired print in all my favourite colours. I'm probably going to make a bag with it.

I've also finally lined my Knitting Olympics purple retro knitting bag with a fabric I found at the last minute. It's a new shop I discovered in the east end, near Victoria Park, called The Quilter's Garden. They have a general selection of quilting fabrics, and some 30s reproduction fabrics. I chose a bluish purple floral, but didn't like it so much when I got home, so I used another 30s reproduction fat quarter I had bought. I didn't quite have enough and used another fabric for the side panels. I can cover that later though by adding some pockets in the 30s fabric. Generally I'm very happy with it and thank you everyone for the nice comments. I didn't want to bore anyone with yet another picture of it, but I thought I should show it now that it's really finally actually done. I've decided to leave the sides open, not stitched together at the top.Here's a detail, I really love this fabric:
Pictured below are the other fabrics I bought at the shop. Most of the reproduction fabrics are $13-16 per yard so they're not cheap but good if you want something right away, and you can see them in person. Otherwise I think ordering online is much cheaper - and more selection. I bought the two green fabrics at the bottom of the pile for the Green Color-iffic swap-o-rama, I'm going to sew something from them to go in the package I'm sending. The one at the bottom is very cute, it has some little scottie dogs on it.
This is the other little thing I made for the Green swap, it's a coin purse with a front flap decorated with an appliqued bird and a snap closure. The recipient for this Green-themed package is still a secret - I hope she likes it!

5 comments:

Belinda February 26, 2006  

Everything looks lovely, I especially like the japanese inspired fabric. It's going to look great as a bag. What a lucky find!!

Anonymous,  February 26, 2006  

Congratulations to both of you for your Olympic medals! Both projects look great. I love the little bird pouch, too!

Anonymous,  February 27, 2006  

Great work on the mittens, Bradley!

Anonymous,  February 28, 2006  

Love those mittens AND then I spotted that green coin purse... what a wonderful little guy! Am always in awe of anyone who can knit, afraid a scarf in drop stitch is the limit for me. Cheers, g

krissy February 28, 2006  

coolest mittens ever!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP