Pink rabbit

>> Friday, January 20, 2006

I'll warn you right now, this post is going to be very very cute and it might be too much for some people who don't care for small pink rabbits who are big hams and love getting their picture taken.

My deadline was today, but since it's Saturday in South Korea (where the book publisher is) the editor has confirmed that the real deadline could actually be Saturday night so they get everything first thing Monday. (I'm going to post tomorrow about my art technique, thanks for asking, A Little Hut!) This gives me a bit of a breather, and I could finally make this rabbit, which I've been dying to make ever since I found the pattern and chose my fabric for it.

Here is the side view, he has a felted light pink ball for a tail. I used a scrap of yarn for the felted ball, it was a soft fuzzy wool yarn, easily loosened apart so it was similar to roving. Then I wound it into a ball as you would yarn, and rolled it in my palms with hot water and soap. (I haven't tried this before, and I was amazed at how easy it was. I've heard about making felt balls with felting needles, but I think doing it by hand is probably much easier!)

Here is a nice close-up - I was so pleased when I found out my camera can do a shallow depth of field, as it's called in the photography world. This means his face is in focus, but the background is nice and blurry. The background incidentally is a pink floral fabric I just bought on ebay.
Here he is wearing my thimble as a hat so you can see how small he is. I just realized today that it's probably easier making large softies, he was a bit finicky to make. But now I know how and he's lovely so there you go.
Here he is posing with my needle book...And here he is conked out on top of the needle book. I think he's going to fit in just fine with my other animals that spend most of the day sleeping. Except for Peter who is already looking resentful.

10 comments:

Anonymous,  January 20, 2006  

He looks so damn cute in his thimble hat! No wonder Peter is resentful....

Anonymous,  January 20, 2006  

The best part is his cheeky wee smile. I didn't realize how tiny he was until the thimble hat, either. Too cute.

Anonymous,  January 20, 2006  

I thought I was ready for the cuteness...but I had to take it in slowly for fear of cute overload! Love love all the details, that thimble hat is too much!

Anonymous,  January 20, 2006  

so small and cute. nice work!

alison

www.malisonian.etsy.com

Anonymous,  January 20, 2006  

He is so sweet! I'm drawn to tiny softies too, but they are so tricky.

Samantha January 21, 2006  

The thimble does show how tiny he is - I didn't realise at first.

He is very cute and you must have been very patient to sew him!

Anonymous,  January 21, 2006  

What a cutie pie!! I can't believe how tiny he is - that must have been so fiddly!

Anonymous,  January 21, 2006  

overload cute! i love him, and that needlebook is fantastic too.

Anonymous,  January 22, 2006  

This little bunny is beautiful, and the workmanship is fantastic for something so tiny. I have to say thou, that I fell in love too with the needle book.

Anonymous,  April 09, 2007  

Ohmigosh, Claire! Your pink bunny is a dead ringer for my beloved pink velvet bunny that I had when I was a child! Wow! Deja-bunny-vu! Pure magic! My pink bunny of childhood has given me a lifelong love of pink bunny-dom, and I still am pink bunny-ing! ROTFLOL!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP