My ATCs

>> Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I've made my Artist Trading Cards at last. I worried quite a bit about this, I had a lot of ideas about making them, but I admit I was a bit daunted by the beautiful handmade cards I was seeing. But everyone has to do things in their own way and I think my many years in book publishing has resulted in my own children's illustrator version of ATCs. Which I hope will appeal to my swappees! (possibly not a word)

My ATC cards are a series of cards in an envelope made of paper which I marbled myself. The cards are printed with details from recent illustrations of mine. The illustrations I've chosen are special because they were all done for Illustration Friday, which means they weren't done for pay, for a client or to be published elsewhere. Illustration Friday has been really good for me, it's given me a chance to further develop my personal style without any of the contraints of working for a paying client, and this freedom has reminded me of why I love drawing and painting.

Speaking of paying clients, I am currently swamped with work for my current book which has a very tight deadline, so I apologise if I've been slow to reply to emails. As always, thank you for visiting and for your comments which are most welcome!

9 comments:

Anonymous,  January 11, 2006  

They are just gorgeous! I'm so in love with your illustrations, they have such color and movement to them. Wonderful, really. The ATC look just amazing.

FRIZZ January 11, 2006  

I LOVE the cards and you've got a great blog! I'm bookmarking you!!

Green Kitchen January 11, 2006  

Is your ATC swap group going to be made public anywhere? I think you did a great job. Did you cut the radius corners by hand?

Claire Louise Milne January 11, 2006  

I don't belong to a group, I just found out about ATCs through an artist at Flickr. I'd be happy to swap with anyone who's interested!
I did cut the corners by hand, and cut and paste the envelope, it was fun!

Anonymous,  January 13, 2006  

They are absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous,  January 17, 2006  

Absolutely lovely!

Anonymous,  January 18, 2006  

You're atc's are lovely and I would love to trade with you! You can find my atc's at www.maanisch.com/atc (and my e-mail-adress)... Hope you like mine too and I hope to hear from you!
greetings,
Luna from Amsterdam!

Anonymous,  February 11, 2006  

you should check out nervousness.org...we regularly do atc swaps that are themed...I think you'd find it quite enjoyable...beautiful illustrations by the by!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP