Grey iPod nano case

>> Thursday, January 05, 2006

I made this case for my friend's iPod nano, and as a going away present since he was leaving for Japan. He asked for something very plain, and in grey and white so this is what I made. He likes things to be very simple and modern. Surprisingly he didn't want any bird embroidery or anything like that. (or, as Bradley just pointed out, a robot! who wouldn't want a robot?) There's just no accounting for taste right? I was happy that it fit, since I don't have a nano to test it with so I was working from a tracing I took of his.

And for all you fellow crafters out there, I know what you're thinking. I have someone who can buy me Japanese crafts books! That's right, he's offered to find some books for me. I've been choosing what I'd like from all the great pictures my fellow bloggers are taking. I would love to get some of the pretty fabrics I'm seeing too (see these pictures), but I wouldn't know where, and I suspect that might be pushing my luck. But if anyone happens to know...

In case anyone out there is wondering what I'm talking about, here's a great site to introduce you to the wonderful world of Japanese crafts books:
Crafting Japanese

These are the ones I think I would like:

title: Machine Made Patchworks
ISBN: 457911020X

title: point
ISBN: 4277311482

title: nuigurumi
ISBN: 4056041792

4 comments:

Anonymous,  January 05, 2006  

You picked the three top books I'd recommend. I own the first two, but I don't have the third one you pictured. I actually bought it and gave it to dear Jackie at "Littlest Flower" as part of a trade. But, man oh man, it was hard to release my grip on it.

Anonymous,  January 05, 2006  

Yup I have the first one but really want to get the other 2. The third one looks so great!
Love the iPod case.

Anonymous,  January 06, 2006  

Wow- I want to get my hands on some of those fabrics too! Maybe I'll ask you-know-who in Japan - I'll help you put pressure on him! As for the ipod cozy, Joe kept teasing me at the cottage to make him one......he didn't specify colours so I'm thinking hot pink and fuzzy? :)

Claire Louise Milne January 06, 2006  

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad I picked good books, I really hope my friend can find them!

And Sarah, Ben is in Japan to WORK not to find cute stuff for us! Sheesh. And regarding Joe's ipod case, I think you're on the right track. I have some leftover pink mohair from my niece's purse if you need it.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP