Happy House books

>> Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Recently I received the printed copies of a set of books I illustrated for a publisher called Happy House in South Korea. I loved this project so much, although I was a bit busy at the time and had only 2 weeks per book. It's hard managing your time as a freelancer, sometimes I have too much work and sometimes (like lately) too little. But receiving copies of books that I've illustrated always makes me happy.
For this series of educational books my favourite was called Bunny Buzz and the Ladybugs, how cute is that? On every page the bunny character plays with a bunch of ladybugs friends and we learn about the letter "U".
For my website books page I made a collage of some of my favourite illustrations from each book along with an image of the cover. This is the one for Bunny Buzz and the Ladybugs:
You can click on these pictures to see them larger. The other books that I illustrated were titled Baby Bears: Have you Seen?: Higher and Higher: and Faraway Land:Unfortunately you can't find these books at a bookstore since they're educational books sold directly to schools. I'm hoping someday I will illustrate a trade book - which is what they call the books you can buy at bookstores.

In the meantime my website is currently hosted by Yahoo Geocities which is closing. I need to move it in the next month or so, does anyone have any recommendations?

3 comments:

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli August 20, 2009  

I've been with GoDaddy for about 5 years and I haven't had any problems with them.

shannongerard August 20, 2009  

Hi Claire:

No Media Kings hosts my website. Good rates for artists and acceptable service when I have problems.

http://nomediakings.com/

Naomi K.,  August 02, 2013  

I taught English to Kindergarteners in Korea using these books! I have always loved your illustrations!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP