Pink bird iPod case

>> Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I just finished this today, I had crocheted the case a while ago, but just decided today to embroider a bird on top. I guess it's called crewel embroidery since I used wool. I was lucky one day and I found a big bag of scrap embroidery wool at a flea market so I have lots of colours to choose from. I'm still learning how to use my brother's old camera properly so it's not as clear as I'd like - the bird's wing and tail are orange.

I love things with birds on them, I bought a sweet little pin cushion from tania at a craft sale here in Toronto, it looks like this. And I bought a wonderful pink wool bag with an appliqued bird on it from stelle. It's the one on the top of her blog - so my bag is famous. My other famous "bird" bag is this one. I couldn't resist the vintage bird fabric on the front flap. It's a diaper bag but I use it to cart around my art supplies to coffee shops so I can stop crafting and blogging and actually do some illustration!

In other news, I'm going to my 2nd stitch 'n bitch tonight. Last time was great fun, I loved seeing all the projects people were making. My favourite was Sarah's vintage-looking knitting bag, which looks complicated but she says is actually quite easy. She even let me know where she found the pattern so maybe I'll make my own.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  December 20, 2005  

hee! its lovely!
ooh and lucky you- stelle's bags are so nice!
:)

Anonymous,  December 20, 2005  

Claire - I love it even more than the robot one! Very "his and hers." So cute.

Claire Louise Milne December 21, 2005  

You are hilarious Sarah - thanks for the compliment and see you at the next stitch n' bitch!

Anonymous,  December 21, 2005  

lovely!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP