Guest Spot - Striped men's mittens by Sarah

>> Thursday, December 22, 2005

Well I'm running out of things I can show you that aren't secret Christmas presents. My friend Sarah just sent me a picture of some mittens she made for her boyfriend, so I'm having a guest spot today. Aren't they great? This is the pattern she used - although it looks like she shortened the thumbs which is a good thing because I thought the pattern mittens had kind of weirdly long thumbs.

She knitted hers on four needles, but I have to mention, I just found out about knitting small size items on circular needles. I don't have very many double pointed needles, but I do have a Boye circular needle kit, so I thought this could really come in handy. I tried it myself, and found it a little bit vexing, but I find knitting on four needles vexing too. I won't explain it again since I found a terrific explanation on someone else's page. If this link expires, just google "magic loop" and you will find the info.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  December 22, 2005  

The thumbs from the pattern are a tad long ... good call shortening them and picking cooler colours.

Did you notice the pattern was knit with the same wool as the sideways scarf and the striped chunky scarf? Lamb's Pride is hottt this season!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP