Wedding anniversary

>> Monday, September 17, 2007

Today is our wedding anniversary, I can't believe it, the year has flown by! These flowers just arrived from my parents and they were so gorgeous I just had to show them off. They smell wonderful too, mainly of tiger lilies which we had on the tables at our wedding. Mmmmmm.

I even cleared off the big piles of fabric that were all over our dining table and gave it a polish in their honour.

We're going to meet up for dinner tonight after a very busy weekend working on the house. Bradley (my hero) was in the crawlspace clearing out a huge pile of lumber, a giant old water tank that would have made a great tin man, an old trunk that resembled some kind of mangy old pirate treasure chest and other miscellaneous junk. Everything went out to the front of our house along with shelves and other junk we've been clearing out of the house for the past few weeks.
Yesterday we listed the lumber for free on craigslist and someone came to pick up a bunch of it this morning. We also left out some odds and ends at the curb which got scooped up. I'm always thrilled when people can use something we're getting rid of and it doesn't go to waste. Then this morning we finally had some junk haulers come and clear everything else away. (They told me the lumber gets recycled so that was good to know.) Finally that giant chore is done. Phew!

At the same time that Bradley was in the crawlspace I was painting a 2nd coat in the living room and then starting on priming the new bifold doors we got for the hallway. It took forever, I managed to watch The Princess Bride, Ella Enchanted and Mean Girls while priming the four doors. I used a regular paint brush for most of them, then a small artist brush to fill in the awkward corners at the end of each slat. I'm still not done priming all the corners, but it already looks better than the bare wood and it will be worth it in the end.

And finally, to end on a romantic note, I give you "Otters holding hands".

9 comments:

Mary Beth September 17, 2007  

First of all, I'm still blown away by your gorgeous bookcases. So jealous. Second of all, that otter video is freaking adorable! Thirdly, I love those movies too. Happy anniversary!

Anonymous,  September 18, 2007  

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe your parents sent you flowers - how nice. And trust you to find otters holding hands on the Internet.

I'm going to call you today.

Anonymous,  September 18, 2007  

Otters holding hands -- honestly one of the most lovely things I've ever seen online! Thank you so much for finding and sharing it, and happy anniversary!

Heather September 18, 2007  

Happy Anniversary you two otters! hehe

Anonymous,  September 19, 2007  

Happy Anniversary.......and that otter thing is so bloody cute!

I'm off to New York tomorrow......you know what that means: napkins! :)

Nora September 20, 2007  

I love those otters! They are truly amazing little creatures. Happy anniversary!

Jayne September 23, 2007  

Happy Anniversary! Gorgeous flowers, and thanks for posting the otter video. Too cute!

Amanda Jean October 01, 2007  

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous,  June 19, 2008  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP