Busy days

>> Thursday, August 17, 2006

Things are very busy for me this month as I've taken on a full-time design/layout contract for August. And as most of you know I'm getting married in September. I haven't had as much time for crafts so I'll post more pictures of my invitation - as requested by one of my talented fellow illustrators, Paula. The outer envelope was cream, with a return address label that had part of the berries and leaves from the invitation. And yes, I am a nutter and I did make the pink tissue paper envelopes myself by hand. I've always loved cut and paste...
This is a close up of the text and the lovely ribbon we found to tie it to the card with. It was an embroidery ribbon from Mokuba on Queen West. While we were there we bought some brown gingham for the boutonnieres and found some dark pink grosgrain ribbon at another sewing store for the bouquets.

This is the back of the postcard which had a map, and underneath the card you can see a peek at the return address label.
The reply card was another postcard with a small detail of the illustration and room to write a note on the right side. It's been lovely seeing those pink envelopes in our mailbox! I added a little mailbox icon - we had just seen the movie The Lake House, and it reminded me of that. I liked that movie a lot... Did anyone else notice she had really really pretty applique cushions in her room? Similar beautiful cushions in The Breakup too - well, how gorgeous in general was their decor? I loved that wallpaper in their bedroom!
Anyway I'm rambling. Thank you everyone for all the nice comments about our invitations. It was definitely a labour of love and worth the effort.

And finally I am doing a little bit of knitting, I've almost finished my Peppermint Twist sweater. I'm doing the decreases for the first sleeve now and the front and back are done. I really like this pattern (from Debbie Stoller's stitch n' bitch book.) I'll be sure to show it off once it's finished!

18 comments:

Anonymous,  August 18, 2006  

Oh! They're so pretty! You do such beautiful work, Claire! :)

Anonymous,  August 18, 2006  

They're wonderful!

Anonymous,  August 18, 2006  

Absolutely gorgeous! I am so excited for you.

Heather August 18, 2006  

I'm repeating myself I know but you have such talent!!

Junie Moon August 18, 2006  

Your invitations (and sweater) are so lovely--something to be proud of and cherish.

Anonymous,  August 18, 2006  

Claire, my sisters-in-law were raving over the invitation when they saw it up on my fridge!

If you are ever interested, I think people would commission you for this work in the future.

Anonymous,  August 18, 2006  

Oh, Claire! These are wonderful! You have such an artistic eye! Thanks for posting the ensemble!

Funky Finds August 18, 2006  

the invites are fabulous!

Carla August 18, 2006  

Beautiful invites. I made my own invites and it is good to know that there are others out there who went all out too! But it is so much fun and what a wonderful way to invite all the people you love to celebrate your day with you!

Good luck as you count down to the wedding day!

Melissa A August 18, 2006  

Those invitations are just beautiful! I absolutely love them! Good luck with your wedding planning too.
Melissa

Anonymous,  August 18, 2006  

I think those are the lovliest wedding invitations I've ever seen! What a treasure!

Anonymous,  August 21, 2006  

Again, they're beautiful...and your getting married on my birthday! I'll be thinking about you.

Anonymous,  August 21, 2006  

"you're", that is. Too late to be typing. Must get to bed.

molly | mommycoddle.com August 21, 2006  

claire! they're amazing. I love how everything fits together so nicely. and I love the font mix on the invitation. they look fantastic. if the invitations look this good, i can't wait to hear about everything else!

Anonymous,  August 22, 2006  

That is the most beautiful wedding invitation I have ever seen. You must frame one and put it up on a wall.

J. E. Morris August 28, 2006  

Claire, the invites turned out lovely. Congratulations and I hope your wedding is spectacular.

Anonymous,  August 31, 2006  

your wedding invites look loverly.
The only thing I noticed at the LAKE HOUSE was Keanu.
yeah, I think he's pretty cute so I totally missed the pillows and haven't the faintest idea of what you're talking about.
:-)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP