Leaving home

>> Friday, July 27, 2007

Today we're closing on the purchase of our new house. And for some reason I felt like saying goodbye from our old home. I can't wait to show you our new house - especially the new arts & crafts "studio" (which will still have to be a corner of another room). The old sewing corner is now completely dismantled and in boxes. It's chaos here right now!

For the last few weeks I've been trying to clear things out, and sort through all our things, rethinking things I've been holding on to for years. We also acquired a few new bits and pieces, some different furniture, and things we never used to need such as chairs for our backyard. It's been so much fun imagining how we want our home to be, with a fresh start and a bit of extra room. But mainly it's been about letting things go.

So it doesn't make any sense that I bought this mug recently at Goodwill. I didn't need it but when I tried to put it down it kept sitting on the shelf looking like something I already own and should remember to take home with me. I've added it to my secretary desk which is the last thing I have left to pack up, since it's full of the things I use every day. I love the brown layers of glaze at the bottom, the pretty oak leaves and acorns but most of all those two sweet owls. I hope they like the new house!

4 comments:

sew nancy July 27, 2007  

best of luck in your new home.
we are house hunting at the moment so all that packing is in my future as well.

Heather July 27, 2007  

So excited for you!!! Can't wait to see pictures about all the decorating! Bye old place and hello new!

Anonymous,  August 01, 2007  

I hope that your move goes well, and that you find everything when you unpack.

Laura August 03, 2007  

This is the first time I've seen your blog, I'm exploring the links on Bella Dia, but anyway, you would have been insane to leave that mug at goodwill. Maybe that's my crazy obsession with vintage owls talking, I don't know, but I can't help but think that there's always room for a treasure like that one.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP