Spring flower

>> Monday, March 20, 2006

I thought one of wise craft's flowers would be the perfect craft for the first day of spring. I already have a beautiful white one with orange polka dots made for me by Blair herself. Everytime I wear it it feels like spring. The petals ruffle in the breeze.

Thanks to Blair for sharing the pattern. Of course I tried to personalize mine a little bit, I added an extra small brown petal layer in the middle and used an uncovered vintage button for the centre. But I basically followed Blair's instructions. I love when people are willing to share their great craft's ideas. The floral fabric in the middle is from a vintage apron I had already started cutting up. It had accidentally gotten a big rip in the middle which made it easy.

Thanks for everyone for all the nice comments on my bird illustration. I really appreciate the encouragement, especially as I'm trying something a bit new. And thank you for the congratulations on our engagement! I didn't actually announce that I was engaged on my blog because we got engaged last August and I started needle book in November. We're getting married September 17th, at a beautiful historical house in Toronto called Spadina House. I've always loved it because it feels like the countryside tucked into the city. There's a huge gated lawn with an Edwardian garden, orchard, greenhouse, and even a pumpkin patch. It's very quiet once you're inside the gates. We're going to have the ceremony under a large tree on the lawn and set up a tent nearby for a luncheon afterwards. If it was up to me, we'd all be having a picnic on blankets, but I guess that's not very practical...

6 comments:

Anonymous,  March 20, 2006  

I love your pin. And that button you used is so special. Your wedding site sounds so romantic-congratulations.

Robin March 20, 2006  

Your pin is very sweet! I also love your bird picture on your last post. And, congratulations! Your wedding site sounds fantastic and romantic. Are you making anything for your wedding?

Claire Louise Milne March 20, 2006  

thanks! I do have plans to make things for my wedding. So far I'm planning to make a ring pillow and favours for the guests. And possibly things like my veil. And I will post them on needle book!

roo-roo March 21, 2006  

Hello, arrived from a link somewhere.
I love the pink bird painting, and the flower pin. The wedding sounds fabulous as well... i'll look forward to postings of your wedding bits!

Berber March 21, 2006  

Congratulations on your engagement!
The flowerpin is absolutely lovely!

Anonymous,  March 21, 2006  

Oh I love hearing about wedding plans, that was such an exciting time. Your flower pin is beautiful and you managed to put your distinctive style right on it! lovely.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP