Kate's little brother

>> Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I finished making a boy "Kate" today to take as a present for my girlfriend who just had a little baby boy. I make it a rule to bring a present for both children when there's already one in the family. So the pink Kate is for her 4-year old girl and the blue "Kate" is for her baby boy. After all my worrying it turns out they were well received... This particular friend isn't a yarn snob and in any case I think she appreciated the fact that they could both be thrown in the wash without coming to any harm. Thanks to everyone for their advice and comments. The blue one is a wool/acrylic blend so I like the feel a bit better but it's still practical.

I sorted out my magazines, and it turns out I have thirteen issues of Martha Stewart Kids and four issues of the short-lived Martha Stewart Baby. These magazines started out as special editions, so maybe there will still be some more special editions of these magazines down the road. Of course the information about Kids ending soon came from someone working on the phones in the subscription department, so I don't know what's going on for sure. The only thing I know for sure is that they weren't renewing subscriptions, but that my current one would be completed.

My friend who was working in Japan has returned and he brought me the books I had requested and a couple more as a surprise. They're wonderful!! I'll be showing some pictures and making things from them soon.

2 comments:

Tania Ho March 08, 2006  

oh, what a cute couple, and I'm sure the children loved them - they're adorable :-) I haven't mustered the courage to knit a "Kate" myself, but after seeing yours I think I'll start one soon. And aren't japanese crafts books the best ?

Anonymous,  March 08, 2006  

They look so cute together!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP