Current illustration projects

>> Sunday, March 12, 2006

This is a current illustration project of mine, a picture book about a girl who is adjusting to a newborn little sister, it's called Drusilda's New Sister. This is a project for Stargazer Press. I'm also working on an illustration for a new children's mystery magazine that a publisher in the U.S. is starting up. And finally I have an upcoming project for a company in Indonesia, illustrating some classic children's stories such as Puss in Boots and Cinderella.

Lately I've also working on updating my portfolios because this week I received several copies of books I illustrated last year. All of these books were intended for schools, which means that they're not available in bookstores. But thank you to those who have asked about buying copies of my books! The kinds of children's books that sell in bookstores are called trade books - as opposed to educational books, and I am hoping to do more of those in the future.

In the meantime I did have requests for copies of a recent book of mine, I'm Heading to the Rodeo, and so I bought a few copies from the publisher directly. The book is about a young girl who dreams of being in the rodeo. Here are some sample pages from the book:This paperback book is available in both English and Spanish editions. If anyone is interested in a copy, please email me at clairelmilne(at)hotmail.com. I'm selling this book at cost, which is $8. It's a must-have if you love horses and/or the rodeo!

4 comments:

Heather Powers March 13, 2006  

Congratulations on all the new work. The classic fairy tales will are perfect for you! Can't wait to see some of them.

Happy Creating!
Heather

Mia Charro March 13, 2006  

beautiful illos and work!!

Anonymous,  March 13, 2006  

We are still loving "Heading to the Rodeo" here at our house, you illustrations are lively and full of color. A great book for any little girl.

Anonymous,  March 16, 2006  

très très joli! I like it very much - nice work you did and do!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP