Mitzi's outfit

>> Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm not complaining because it really suits me, but when you're a freelancer who works from home the work is always there. So I find that I tend to work at all hours. In a way the weekends blur a bit into the week and I work as often in the evenings as in the daytime. Also we've been doing so much renovating on the house that there's always something to do even between contracts.

So one Sunday I decided to take the day off and not do anything for my illustration work, and also nothing on the house. No painting or chores or anything like that. And what I decided to do is something quite impractical and purely for fun. Hence, a full outfit for Mitzi.

She now has a gingham skirt with a box pleat on the front and one on the back. Then for her top she has a blue striped smock that attaches with a matching belt. It has a pocket with her initial.
But my favourite part of the outfit is the grey wool coat that goes over top with a large collar and working buttons and lace-trimmed pockets. Why would a small deer need three pockets? I'm not sure but it was a lovely day off.

5 comments:

Anonymous,  January 13, 2009  

Love the jacket. Did you have a pattern or make it free style? Most of my doll clothes as a kid were outgrown baby clothes but what fun it would have been to design some.

Claire Louise Milne January 13, 2009  

Thank you! I made it free style, just wrapped the wool felt around and trimmed to the right shape. It's easy to work with since it won't fray.

Jennifer January 14, 2009  

How lovely that Mitzi now has warm AND stunning apparel; what a marvelous way, too, to spend a Sunday. There is simply a group of people who understand why, for example, making clothes for a deer or sewing a polar bear can be a priority over doing the dishes -- and so here's a toast to our being in it together!

Various and Sunday March 03, 2009  

oh my goodness, what a darling coat and skirt combo. so pretty. i would buy that outfit myself! :o)

Anonymous,  May 23, 2011  

Thanks

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP