Bedroom

>> Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Here's a room you haven't seen in a while. The bedroom is now done! Just a reminder, this was the "before"..

There was no trim on the window and the air conditioner was installed on the wall - pretty unsightly. Our solution was a wall of white linen curtains that cover the unit when it's not in use. The walls went from vibrant blue to "wedding white" (CIL).




The white spool bed is a vintage craigslist find. It fits sideways on the left side of the room. This is the "before" picture, it was painted a dark navy blue and needed lots of work. I used "cloud white" for the bed (the same colour I use for trim).



Then to finish the bed, I made a pair of cushions that coordinated with the duvet cover from Au Lit (and plain white sheets). I'm always impressed when I can manage piping and a zipper in a cushion - I think it really makes a difference and it's worth the extra effort.

The side table was from Au Lit (a shop here in Toronto) a good source of painted vintage furniture - although it's cheaper if I can find nice pieces on craigslist and do the work myself. Next we added a wall of IKEA Pax wardrobes on the right. They fit in so perfectly they look like built-ins - just two Pax units side by side with only an inch gap on either side between the wardrobes and the wall. The lamp is from a decor store on King East.

The last touch was the rug: Bridget. It's a looped pile wool rug that I found on Pottery Barn's website, but it wasn't available in our local Canadian stores. Also it wasn't available in US stores. Also they wouldn't deliver it to us. Also they wouldn't deliver it to a Canadian store. Sigh. You can tell I really wanted this rug! In the end we asked a friend living in Boston to have it delivered it to him, then bring it up when he visited at Christmas. Yay! Thanks Ben! I love this rug. It was the final touch of cosiness the room needed. Now our bedroom is still small but very comfy.

6 comments:

Jeri January 21, 2009  

This is just adorable! Very nicely done!

Anonymous,  January 24, 2009  

Beautiful! I especially love the rug.

Anonymous,  January 25, 2009  

Needs more pillows!

Unknown January 25, 2009  

It turned out so beautifully- I love your pretty pillow!

Janelle January 29, 2009  

Looks very inviting! Good luck with the sale!

Don Durkes,  November 30, 2009  

I have a bed very much like yours and am rebuilding pieces of it. How wide/thick are your side rails?

Very nice treatment - you have excellent taste.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP