The sneak peek...
the orange and purple quilt begins

>> Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Here are some of the pieces and scraps of fabrics I've gathered up for the "single girl" quilt. Luckily Bradley isn't threatened by the title - one of my anniversary presents was a batch of fat quarters from the workroom. Yay!I wish I had more of the little bird fabric, there's just one tiny scrap - enough for one orange bird piece in the quilt.More orange, and a smidge of pink.
More orange...
Purples...
I love the lutes in the bottom left, and the floral fabric above it, these are some scraps of feedsack material from a batch I bought on ebay.
I love the wobbly lattice in the middle, and the purple and orange floral is so perfect for this quilt! The adorable russian doll fabric is from the workroom.
This was a little batch of purple prints that my friend Sarah bought for me at Purl when she was in New York. Finally they have the perfect project for them. Thank you Sarah!

I had forgotten I even had some of these fabrics, it's great to have a theme so you can go through what you have and pull it all together to create one nice big (even useful!) thing from all the scraps and little squares of fabric you've been hoarding. Hence, I love quilting. We're going on holiday soon, so I have to resist the urge to wedge all this into my suitcase...

20 comments:

Gailavon September 23, 2008  

I just started reading your blog. Now I am hooked. I lookforward to seeing the finished quilt.

Anonymous,  September 23, 2008  

Wow stunning fabric! I've always wanted to learn how to make a quilt - it's on my very long 'To Do' list. Maybe one day...

walter and me September 23, 2008  

Hello Claire, I do enjoy your blog (though shamefully haven't commented before). Your quilt is going to be lovely. Hope you enjoy creating it.
D x

Anonymous,  September 23, 2008  

Hi Claire! Yours is my favourite blog! Nice to read a Canadian blog too! I live in Waterloo. I love the fabrics for your new quilt! I especially like the little birds - so adorable! Jen

Eileen September 24, 2008  

ooooo. These are two of my favorite colors together. I love all the stuff you've gathered so far. Some of that purple definiltey looks old. Beautiful.

Helen Cuthbert September 24, 2008  

Oh Love all the fabrics for your new quilt! What a collection!

SweDaisy September 24, 2008  

I love all the beautiful colors. Can't wait to see what you create.

Take care,
Lisa

Jayne September 25, 2008  

Beautiful fabrics, and I'm really looking forward to seeing this quilt come together. I admire the way you put colors and patterns together.

Nathalanes Place September 25, 2008  

You should have a beautiful finished product. Can't wait to see the end result. I'l be back to see the progress.

Maria September 26, 2008  

Lovely fabrics (I have some of them in my stash too), can't wait to see the quilt!

~Maria in NC

Jinnie September 26, 2008  

Lovely fabrics and colors! I, too, look forward to seeing your finished quilt :-)

Victoria Findlay Wolfe September 26, 2008  

can't wait to see progress on this one!

Anonymous,  September 30, 2008  

single girl quilt is one of my favourtites> You have an amazing collecting of fabrics for it. Must turn into a beautiful quilt

Nanette Merrill October 02, 2008  

Oh purple and orange! Lovely lovely fabrics. So darling. I want to touch them and hold them and steal them!

Kirie October 03, 2008  

I just stumbled onto your lovely blog, and I'm so glad I did. I love your choice of fabrics for the purple and orange quilt, and I'm eager to see what you come up with. Thanks for sharing, and have fun putting it together! Kirie

Gillian October 04, 2008  

Oooh, purple and orange. Love your selection of fabrics. It's going to be fun to watch your quilt come together!

Freda's Hive October 21, 2008  

I have some of that bird fabric in 2 colorways. I'm wondering if I should spoonflower it?

Michelle October 25, 2008  

i am having the hardest time finding orange prints for a quilt i'm planning. nearly impossible to find anything!

Beata October 28, 2008  

All very yummy...can't wait to see it all finished!

Grace November 02, 2008  

I'm in love with all of those fabrics!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP