Anniversary post

>> Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I don't want to brag but it's our 2-year anniversary today and I feel really lucky because I have the loveliest husband ever. For example, yesterday he went to the workroom to find the "single girl" Denyse Schmidt quilt pattern for me because he knew that's the one I was hoping to use for my next quilt. How sweet is that? Unfortunately it wasn't in stock in the shop yet, which made me realize how much I depend on Karyn for my craft supplies. I was sure I had seen it there. But of course I have lots of other projects to keep me busy in the meantime.

I like taking candid pictures of people, but it doesn't always work out... I got the impromtu smile but it's pretty blurry.

So today I was thinking of what I should post for our anniversary and decided to show some pictures from our last camping trip in August.
This photo is pretty terrible too but I had to show you - we saw a bear! You really don't have a lot of time to compose the photo when you see a bear. I didn't even get the chance to zoom in so you can pretty much see how far away he was. I wasn't scared of him because he just seemed very slow and ambly (not a word - I mean ambling along-ish). Like he's had his main meal but was just sort of mildly interested in an extra snack. Luckily we're good campers and all the food was tucked away.
This is my favourite part of Kilbear where we were staying, the beach at Granite Saddle. It has this pretty grove of trees near the beach which is fairly small but rarely crowded.
The first day was a bit cloudy but we still did some swimming in case it was rainy on the next day. And this is what I like to do on the beach...We're also big readers. We read at the campsite, on the beach, and in our hammock. I don't have a picture of it though because the only one (taken by Bradley) is me falling out of it. It wasn't very flattering.But I will be brave and show you a picture of me:Chipmunks are a-dime-a-dozen at our Canadian campgrounds, but I'm remembering that blogs are international so I'll show a picture of this small visitor. My friend Sogut is from Turkey and she was amazed when she first came to Toronto at all the "cute" squirrels everywhere. Just boring ordinary everywhere-you-look squirrels. It made me think.And in the same vein, our lovely Canadian landscapes...Because we did get that sunny day after all.And one last picture, just to make Bradley laugh... Fifi and Francis getting ready to watch Dr. Who.Happy Anniversary Bradley!

13 comments:

Anonymous,  September 17, 2008  

congratulations guys! and happy anniversary. you guys are a cuteypie couple.
and i love the bear. i've always wanted to see a real life bear in the woods. not much chance in the uk since we killed them all hundreds of years ago...

Johanna Masko September 17, 2008  

Congratulations to you both! And you are the cutest couple ever!
LOVE the photo of the yarn balls on the beach! Now THERE'S a colour palette for a quilt, my friend. Bright colours, limited palette, offset with lots of sand and oatmeal neutral shades...mmm...

Stephanie September 17, 2008  

That means I've been reading your blog for well over 2 years then. Time sure flies!

Happy anniversary!

petal September 17, 2008  

Happy anniversary. That looks like a good spot to watch Dr Who from.

Hurrayic September 18, 2008  

Happy Anniversary! The camping trip looked like a lot of relaxing (except for the bear?) - very important to bring the knitting. Good choice. And, thanks for being brave - having a face with a blog is a nice bonus. I haven't gotten up the nerve yet.

Maria September 18, 2008  

Happy Anniversary!
I have been reading your blog for a while but never left a comment. I really enjoy your beautiful pictures and you have an amazing eye for color. Your craft projects are beautiful.

~Maria in NC

Gailavon September 18, 2008  

Congrats on your anniversary. I just started reading your blog.

I like it very much.

Claire Louise Milne September 18, 2008  

Thank you so much for the anniversary wishes!! It's been a good year.

Kerry September 18, 2008  

Your trip looks like it was wonderful. I love the idea of a reading vacation...

Happy Anniversary too (two!)!

Anonymous,  September 19, 2008  

congratulations on your special anniversary. i have to say that i thought it was the SWEETEST thing that bradley came into the shop the other day to buy you some fat quarters for your new quilt since it was your 2nd anniversary & that means 'cotton'. what a gem of a guy!!! where did you find him?

p.s. the 'single girl quilt' pattern comes out in november and i'll let you know when its here!

Anonymous,  September 22, 2008  

happy anniversary!
:)

Anonymous,  October 02, 2008  

hello there! I love your sweet blog, and all the pretty bits of organization you share.

Jayne October 22, 2008  

You and Bradley are such a cute couple! All this time I've been reading your blog, and I always wondered what you look like. You look just like I pictured you in my mind. :) And you, knitting on the beach!

Happy anniversary!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP