London - part two

>> Friday, November 17, 2006

When it came to craft shopping in London I relied on the advice of a fellow blogger: Ruth Singer who posted about textile shops she recommended. It turns out we were staying nearby to the shops she mentioned.

We found both Cloth House Shops and I took pictures at my favourite one. The picture at the top shows what I bought there, a nice soft blue gingham and a polka dot fabric, and some vintage trim. The trim was very expensive but I thought they were worth it.
There were tons of spools with vintage ribbons and trim.
And of course the requisite wall of buttons:
We also visited the famous Liberty shop. They have several floors including home decor, jewellery and cosmetics. I bought a notebook, some fabric and a few buttons.
These are the cotton fabrics I bought, the one on the left has strawberries and flowers on it. These cottons are fairly thin and nice and soft - I would probably use them to line bags and pouches.
And that was it for crafts shopping. On the last evening we had planned to see a play about T.S. Eliot and his wife (Tom & Viv) but it was sold out. So I got my wish which was to see Mary Poppins which we had seen a poster for the day before. We bought two of the last four tickets ten minutes before the show began and I could. not. believe. my. luck. It was the perfect way to end our trip and I recommend it because it was Absolutely Wonderful. Happy two months Bradley!

4 comments:

createacraft November 20, 2006  

this looks like wonderland.. I want to come in and shop shop..till I drop..
enjoy..

Anonymous,  November 20, 2006  

I just wanted to say thank you for the travelogue. The one time I went to London it was just about this time of year and so every year about this time I get a little London craving. What a great city it is!

Anonymous,  November 28, 2006  

oooohh, the fabrics are devine. So lovely and delicate looking. I wonder if knowing they are from London makes them even prettier?? I'm curious to know, where the Liberty fabrics much less expensive in London than in the States?

Susan December 03, 2006  

Sounds like a marvelous trip, great shopping and lots of fun. I love the buttons you bought.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP