Happy baby

>> Thursday, October 26, 2006

Before I post about crafting in London I thought I'd take a break and catch up on current projects. Since we've come home I've gotten very busy again with the crafts. This one was a baby present.

My friends Sogut and Murat are having a baby girl who will undoubtedly be the cutest baby ever. Sogut asked for a handmade present so I made this blanket and matching lamb. They decided to paint the nursery pale blue so I made my present to match. It's made with a creamy white micro fleece which is nice and soft and also washable. The blanket is edged with pale blue satin trim. The trim wasn't quite evenly pressed so I had to hand stitch it on. It took some time but it really wasn't working trying to do it with my sewing machine.

The lamb is made from the same fabric with a ribbon collar and pale blue cloth with tiny daisies on it to line the ears. I used a pattern from here. There is also a Flickr group to post your lamb pictures!

I hope I can give it to them soon because this lamb is so sweet I'm not going to want to let her go!

3 comments:

Funky Finds October 27, 2006  

oh that lamb is adorable! i wish i was talented enough to make one!!! instead i shall admire yours :)

Heather October 27, 2006  

so very, very sweet!!

Junie Moon October 29, 2006  

What a lovely gift--thoughtful, sweet and so well done.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP