First month

>> Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It's been exactly one month since our wedding, so it's the perfect time to show some more of the pictures. Also Bradley requested a post today, so this one is for him.

As I mentioned everything was really lovely on our wedding day and we felt so lucky with how everything went. But before I go on I have to mention that these pictures are from our wonderful photographers, Heather and Lindsay from HRM Photography. I couldn't recommend them enough, we were so delighted with our pictures!

When we first met with Heather I was so impressed with how professional and talented she is - it inspired me as a freelancer. Later on, Bradley knew I was excited about the photographs and he secretly arranged to have Heather stay for an extra hour as a present for me. Lindsay came along too, and as you can see they take gorgeous pictures - plus they're both sweethearts and we loved having them with us all day. After lunch, we both changed into casual clothes and took some more pictures in the orchard. I'm so happy to have those pictures as well as the dressed up wedding pictures.

I think I've shared most of the other wedding crafts so far, but this picture shows the veil which I made myself to match the dress. I bought the tulle and comb at a Sussman's Bridal Supplies, a store on Queen West, then looked from fabric store to store to find the satin to trim the edges. I couldn't find satin bias tape in the right colour so I had to make my own. I wanted the trim to match the embroidered satin at the waist of my dress. Making my own veil took hours and hours but I was happy I did in the end! This picture also shows the pink floral vintage tablecloth (that I've shown in a previous post) that we had on the table with the wedding registry.And here's a picture of the favours I made - we found chocolates wrapped in the wedding colours and I used my watercolour of Spadina House for the tag. Each person's name was written on the back.And finally, here are two of my favourite pictures of Bradley. In the first he is whispering to me, and the second is one of the pictures from the orchard. Happy first month husband!

21 comments:

Kiri October 17, 2006  

you both look very happy. they are lovely photographs. congratulations.

Anonymous,  October 17, 2006  

Fabu pictures!

. October 17, 2006  

These pictures are lovely! You look beautiful, and you both look so sunshiney-happy! Yay!
Thank you SO much for sharing your wedding crafts. I am getting married in January, and am doing the decoration, food and flowers etc myself... you're an inspiration! :)

Natalie October 17, 2006  

oh claire, you look amazing and so happy! a more adorable couple could not be found any where else for all the yarn in the world. Plus you have really created your marriage, what with the flowers and favours and all. Having seen a few wedding preparations go down, you have handled the stress of having a perfect day far better than any of my extended family has!

Toni October 17, 2006  

congratulations!! how very wonderful. you make a lovely couple, and i wish you much happiness as you begin a new journey together.

Stephanie October 18, 2006  

Wow, those pictures really are amazing. Also, congratulations on the wedding and your one month anniversary!

Heather October 18, 2006  

Bradley is a handsome groom and Claire...gosh! Absolutely beautiful. The photos are wonderful.

Anonymous,  October 18, 2006  

Such nice pictures! You look great Claire!

Anonymous,  October 18, 2006  

Has it already been one month? Time flies!
Happy anniversary (and happy birthday, Bradley!)

elisabetha October 18, 2006  

You are both so radiant in the photos! Congratulations and all the best for your life together.

Catherine Black October 19, 2006  

Congratulations! You look stunning! Thanks for sharing them with us. I am getting married next year so I love seeing wedding photos. Thanks x

Susan Mitchell October 19, 2006  

These photographs are so beautiful - I think the bottom one of you both has to be my favourite :)

Anonymous,  October 19, 2006  

Are you sure those photos didn't come straight out of Vogue...simple flowers, the most incredible cake I've ever seen, little knit purse, gorgeous bride and handsome groom looking relaxed and in love...thanks so much for sharing your most special day with all of us!

Junie Moon October 19, 2006  

I am so happy for the two of you. Although I don't really "know" you, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your wedding preparation adventures. It is so wonderful to know that someone has put so much of their heart and themselves into creating a special day that will be in your memories forever. Your attention to detail is something I applaud. It was hard work but every detail is special, creative and so full of love. Bless your heart! I am proud of you.

Jannie aka Chickengirl October 19, 2006  

These photographs are gorgeous. I especially love the black and white ones, they really capture the love. Happy first month!

Anonymous,  October 19, 2006  

wonderful! you both look so happy - I particularly like the one where you're standing amongst the Autumn leaves.

astridpersons October 20, 2006  

congrats! It all looks great.

Anonymous,  October 20, 2006  

Congraulations! You looked beautiful. I love that you put so much heart into your wedding.

Tania Ho October 24, 2006  

Lovely photos, congratulations again :)

patricia zapata October 29, 2006  

I haven't visited your blog in sooo long. I didn't realize you'd gotten married. You make a lovely couple. You look very happy! Congratulations!!!! :)

Anonymous,  November 07, 2006  

hey congratulations...marriage is a lot of fun and a beautiful adventure. May you have a long and lovely journey together!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP