New books

>> Thursday, June 15, 2006

I was very happy this week to receive a package of three printed books that I illustrated last year. It wasn't in the contract that I would receive printed books, but they agreed to send me a copy of each anyway. I really love seeing the published books. So I've been busy this week updating my online portfolios: www.portfolios.com/claire and www.childrensillustrators.com/clairelmilne.

The stories were really funny and charming, the titles are Fruit from Space, The Land of the Peppertoes, and Food Fight. I think Food Fight was my favourite, it's very funny. In that story the dairy decide it isn't fair that they are left at the back of the store, and try to take over the front. Of course the produce puts up a fight!
It's a funny thing - when I'm swamped with work and have lots of samples I could put into the portfolios I generally don't have time to do it. But when things slow down, it's because I'm not busy with new work. Right now I seem to have a nice balance for once, I'm busy with Cinderella but I still had time to do some updating.

Ok back to work on Cinderella...

5 comments:

HOLLi CONGER June 15, 2006  

Looks fabulous Claire!

Anonymous,  June 15, 2006  

What lovely work you do Claire!

Jannie aka Chickengirl June 16, 2006  

Oh wow how gorgeous are these spreads! I love the food drawings especially. I hope we get to see more!

Anonymous,  June 16, 2006  

Wow, how exciting for you and what lovely illustrations you have done in these books.

molly | mommycoddle.com June 16, 2006  

how neat to see your work in print. so fun, and to think, "that's claire's!!" and those milk cartons do look quite distressed! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP