Lovely swap from Craftapalooza

>> Friday, June 09, 2006

Everywhere I went yesterday I was looking at bicycles...but unfortunately we haven't found Brodie, despite wild hopes we would see him at a bike shop somewhere.

I did however happen to see this lovely lantern at the Japanese Paper Place while wandering around. They didn't have one in stock but they may be getting more. I would love it for my apartment. It would also be perfect for the wedding. Maybe I'll call and see if I can get a few.

In other happier news I also received a lovely swap package from Nicole at Craftapalooza. Of course it came with extra surprises - such as this pretty red patterned fabric:You can see the fabric close up in this picture. And next to it are little embroidered felt flower covered magnets. These flowers are now on my fridge outshining all our plastic fruit, etc.
The package came bundled up in a little brown paper bag, tied with this lovely ribbon. I love it! See also the cute vintage buttons:
And finally, the main attraction! A tape measure covered with beautiful felt flower decoration. I love this the best, and I'm already using it - that is now that I've remembered it's actually something useful not just a beautiful little thing. Thank you so much Nicole!
p.s. the pincushion challenge gallery is up!

2 comments:

Funky Finds June 09, 2006  

Ok, these are the most beautiful paper lanterns I've ever seen. I SO need these for my porch...and bedroom! If you find a source for these, please let me know. Thanks & happy weekend :)

Anonymous,  June 09, 2006  

lovely swap items!! you scored on some beautiful buttons!! so sorry about Brodie!! i'll keep my eyes out for him when i'm in Toronto next week!! cheers!
BTW...I agree, those lanterns would be great at a wedding!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP