Animal Friends book

>> Friday, January 20, 2012

I've finally sewn up my own copy of my Spoonflower baby book Animal Friends. I have two copies so I have one in my Etsy shop.
I added quilt batting to the cover to give it some structure. But all the other little pages are just soft cotton fabric - perfect for chewing.

I sewed up one of the little animals that comes with the book just to see how it would look. One tip if you make them yourself is to roughly cut out the shapes, then line them up together by holding them up to the light. Pin them in place. Then after you sew them together you can trim them. I just added wavy lines around the animals anyway, you don't need to sew exactly on the lines!
If you'd like to sew your own, the fabric is available in my Spoonflower shop here.

2 comments:

anabela / fieldguided January 20, 2012  

This is SO sweet! I need a baby shower gift, too, so this is perfect.

Susan Mitchell January 21, 2012  

So adorable! I think you have found your niche - all your fabric designs are wonderful :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP