Spring Trunk show

>> Wednesday, May 25, 2011

rcboisjoli bowl with Beside Herself doilies
As always, the Spring Trunk show was so good. I love going to the Workroom, but now that I'm living in the east end it's a bit more travelling and I don't visit as often as I'd like. The day of the show was awkward because the marathon caused streetcar delays and the construction at Bay subway rerouted the trains. But it was well worth the extra effort!

As usual I was tempted throughout the day by the contents of everyone else's trunks. I came home with a nice little collection of treats. Happily I was able to swap a little bit as well.

First up the beautiful bowl featured at the top of this post. I've been admiring the creations of rcboisjoli for some time now and was thrilled to come home with a bowl with a polka dot carousel horse decorating the side. I love the overall pleasing shape and colour of this bowl. Right now it graces my coffee table where I gaze at it from time to time in the day.
Also adorning said coffee table is a pretty set of coasters made from a sweet vintage blue floral print by
Knotted Nest.
Also from Kristen's trunk, some floral fabric, two sweet linen napkins with yellow roses and an embroidery hoop framed machine embroidered house picture. So sweet! This will be perfect for display on my craft room shelves.
From Becky's trunk, a vintage scarf with a pretty colour scheme and elegant pattern, and last but not least a long necklace with delicate pink tassels made by the lovely Debbie Arruda.
I chatted with Bianca from Kid Icarus, the result of which is that I now have my things for sale in her shop! The shop is so nice, it's right across from Lettuce Knit in Kensington Market and I've always liked it. I gave her a few of my wool embroidered brooches, wristlets and coffee sleeves which are available there now.

Thanks so much to everyone who visited despite the rain throughout the day.

1 comments:

sweetie pie press June 02, 2011  

i am so glad that scarf went home with you. it needs a more stable home than my car can provide.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP