Goodbye old house

>> Thursday, May 14, 2009

We finally sold our house! It took much longer than we expected which I guess isn't surprising since we started when it was still snowing. It wasn't easy but I'll spare you the gory details since all's well that ends well. It was certainly worth the grief since we love the new house.
We moved in to the new house this past weekend. Springtime is a great time to move as everything seems wonderful wherever you end up. The trees are all flowering and it's warm and breezy. Well on the day we moved it was alternately raining and hailing... but we somehow managed to dodge the worst of it.
Before I start to show my new decorating pics, I'm just going to take a minute to say goodbye to our first house. My favourite part of house selling (possibly the only good part) was all the fresh flowers I felt entitled to buy so we could show off the house.
Staging also involved clearing out lots of stuff to make the house look as spacious as possible. An airy, serene look I'm now trying to recreate in our new house.So that's it for the old house, pics of the new house coming up soon!

6 comments:

modest-goddess May 15, 2009  

I really enjoy your decorating style. Can't wait to see pics of the new home.

Creative Polyglot May 15, 2009  

Lovely pics! Your old home was nice too but yeah I m also eager to see your new decoration in the new house.

tania May 20, 2009  

wow congratulations!!
:) thats really great news-

Andrea May 20, 2009  

oh - goodbye old house! I can't wait to see the new one. :D

elisabetha May 27, 2009  

ooh - congratulations!! can't wait for the new house pictures as well.

Anonymous,  September 12, 2009  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP