Bamboo cushions

>> Tuesday, October 28, 2008

also excited about our new Pottery Barn rug - it's made the living room so much cosier!

So here are the finished cushions I made from some of the fat quarters I bought at the workroom. If you're sad because you don't live near the workroom and can't buy fabric there (I would be), don't fret because you can order this print online. I found it recently at reprodepot but I'm sure there are other places that have it in stock.

It's called Maime Bamboo Thatch by Anna Griffin. I'm mentioning it in particular because I used the blue version for our kitchen door curtains and I've had some people ask what the fabric was for those. p.s. I've listed all the places that I buy fabric online in my sidebar to the right. The only other places I find fabric would be ebay (that's where I found the barkcloth for the floral couch cushions in the picture) and of course local finds.

These two cushions were made with 3 fat quarters. I did it by cutting a square each from two of the pieces for the fronts of the cushions. Then the backs are made up of two hemmed overlapping pieces so that you can get the cushion in and out. One half is from the leftover piece after cutting the front square, then I cut the 3rd fat quarter in half to make the other sides. Alternatively you could just buy a bigger piece of fabric and use a zipper! I ended up with a few small leftover pieces that will probably become pouches.
The piping is just some green cotton I had in my stash. That particular piece came from the Textile Museum sale that happens once a year in Toronto. The cord for inside the piping is actually a fat bootlace found at the dollar store. Then I added a snap to close the back.

I am still planning to show you some holiday pictures once I get them all sorted. I'm a bit obsessive about showing things in order. So for now, we're still at the beginning of the trip, with one of our other favourite finds in Glasgow (along with the fabric store) - the TARDIS!
Bradley lost his key and must wait for the Doctor to show up

10 comments:

Lucie October 30, 2008  

great photo of the blue booth and bradley.

Sarah J. October 31, 2008  

I love your couch! I've been looking for a button tufted couch like that for a while.
Also, squee! The Tardis! I am so bummed that there isn't gonna be a full season this year but I can't wait for the Christmas special!

Anonymous,  November 03, 2008  

Blasts and damnation!!
David Tennant has said he won't be playing the Doctor next season.
I'm so green with envy that you saw the TARDIS.

Claire Louise Milne November 03, 2008  

We're sad about that too! I'd just gotten over Donna leaving. Well not really.

Sarah J. November 04, 2008  

I'm still upset about Donna leaving! She was his best "assistant" ever! Way better than Martha. I think she at least deserved 2 seasons. Meh :/

Claire Louise Milne November 04, 2008  

I completely agree with you!

Birdsong Designs February 08, 2009  

I love this couch! Where's it from???

Claire Louise Milne February 09, 2009  

Thanks! It's from Dexterity on Queen West in Toronto. The fabric was my choice from Designer Fabrics. You can pick fabric in the store or bring your own (they let you know the yardage needed).

*moggit girls February 10, 2009  

Ummm, we love the rug! Did you buy it from Pottery Barn online? What size is it?

Joy

Claire Louise Milne February 10, 2009  

We bought the rug at the Pottery Barn store in the Eaton's Centre. It's the 5 x 8 size.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP