Green booties

>> Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Every now and then I go to a knitting group with some friends and it's the best place to get ideas for new things to knit. Especially as I haven't been knitting much at all lately, and haven't really been thinking about it. At the last one my friend Sarah was making the cutest booties ever, so I asked her where she found the pattern.

It's called Saartje's booties, and you can find the pattern here.

I made a little change in mine, I did the main part all in one colour, then blanket stitched in cream all around the edges. The cream was used for the loops that go around the white buttons too. I don't think I used the type of yarn the pattern called for, I just used the softest yarn I could find which was kind of fluffy but not too dense and they worked out to what seemed like a nice size.

In case you're wondering, I'm not hinting at anything, these were for my friend Jaimie's baby shower!

7 comments:

Anonymous,  July 30, 2008  

No babies on the way?! Just kidding :o) Those are absolutely darling! Thanks for sharing... I might have to make a pair of those (I don't know how I could resist!)... for no reason. I'll have to find someone that's having a girl... I can ask around at work :o) Take care!
xox,
Linnea

Anonymous,  July 30, 2008  

I can attest that, if possible, these tiny shoes are EVEN CUTER in person. Thanks again, Claire!

Anonymous,  July 31, 2008  

They are really sweet, I may have to try them!

Anonymous,  July 31, 2008  

The white trim is a nice addition.

tamdoll July 31, 2008  

Those booties look so cute! I made a pair, too and just love them.

Anonymous,  August 01, 2008  

Ok, so I made one of these yesterday... the reason I only made one was because it turned out so darn big, it fit my foot. I should have known earlier, but I just kept going. Next time I should check the yarn/needle size, eh? Welllll :o) I just kind of went with it. It was good practice. No clue what I'll do with it though. A big bootie just isn't that cute! Next time :o)!!!...

Claire Louise Milne August 01, 2008  

A big bootie could = cute slippers!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP