Birthday

>> Monday, April 21, 2008

My birthday was on Saturday and was a perfect day for it, so warm and sunny we had my birthday breakfast (including cupcake!) on the deck.
The "tablecloth" was a big piece of Cath Kidston fabric which I later turned into an actual tablecloth and also this tote:
While I feel I should write some thoughtful reflections on the past year, or the year to come, I'm not really up for that, so I'm just going to mention some of my favourite presents that are also recommendations.

1. Box set of the wonderful British comedy show Black Books. I'd only seen a glimpse of it before, but it's so funny and has that perfect kind of humour that makes you realize you've been taking everything too seriously. Featuring the brilliant and oddly lovable Dylan Moran (seen recently in Run Fatboy Run, also wonderful) and this episode has a small bit with Martin Freeman (you know, Tim from The Office and Arthur Dent).

2. A few lovely things from Cath Kidston such as this adorable clothespin bag:3. "once" cd. When they won their Oscars Marketa Irglova was cut off, but after the commercials they fixed their mistake and she had her acceptance speech. I loved that. The music is so good and perfect to listen to while you sew your new Cath Kidston tote on a sunny birthday day.
4. The book Lotta Prints: How to Print Anything, from Potatoes to Linoleum I think I'm not the only on who loves anything Lotta, so enough said. I'm also recently spied the new Amy Butler book Midwest Modern which I'm planning to get next. (I'm not allowed to buy things right before my birthday which is when I saw it.)

In blossoming branches news, the Forsythia bloomed in time for my birthday (and has even more blooms now) and is very pretty:
The cherry branches are taking a little longer, they looked like this on Saturday:
But now of course they look like the picture at the top of this post. It's been fascinating watching the buds grow day by day.

So this year was altogether a lovely birthday. It was one of those days when you feel so content and you realize what a happy home you have and don't want to change a thing.

p.s. in case you're wondering, yes I did paint my china (fabric) cabinet and I'm glad I did, so I'll post about that next.

7 comments:

Anonymous,  April 21, 2008  

happy birthday!
i love spring birthdays- they are so nice with all the sunshine and blooms-
:)
glad you had a good day-

sew nancy April 21, 2008  

that's right you are my birthday twin.
glad you had a happy one too!
cheers

Anonymous,  April 21, 2008  

That tablecloth is so cute - as is the bag you created with the scraps! I love it!

Anonymous,  April 21, 2008  

Happy birthday!

Nanette Merrill April 22, 2008  

How lovely! Happy Birthday.

elisabetha April 23, 2008  

happy birthday! you nailed down the essence of happiness with your last sentence (sans ps). cheers :)

p.s. your cherry blossoms are looking so lovely!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP